Friday, September 17, 2010

First post!

Welcome to my new blog.  I had one in the past but it got lost somewhere in the web ether!  :-)  To start I thought I would post my meme about myself and my invisible illness, Fibromyalgia.

30 Things About My Invisible Illness You May Not Know

1. The illness I live with is: Fibromyalga, Neuralgia and Sciatica
2. I was diagnosed with it in the year: 2000
3. But I had symptoms since: 1990
4. The biggest adjustment I’ve had to make is: going from a very active life to a sedentary, paced life
5. Most people assume: I am not working.
6. The hardest part about mornings are: getting up and getting going.
7. My favorite medical TV show is: Dr G. Medical Examiner
8. A gadget I couldn’t live without is: my step stool
9. The hardest part about nights are: getting comofortable enough to sleep.
10. Each day I take _16_ pills & vitamins. (No comments, please)
11. Regarding alternative treatments I: have tried most of them....without success.
12. If I had to choose between an invisible illness or visible I would choose: visible...people would understand better.
13. Regarding working and career: It is a dream long past now.
14. People would be surprised to know: how tired I am considering I sleep about 16 hours a day.
15. The hardest thing to accept about my new reality has been: being alone during the day while my husband works.
16. Something I never thought I could do with my illness that I did was: start working out again.
17. The commercials about my illness: are okay but still don't truly show what people with FM go through daily.
18. Something I really miss doing since I was diagnosed is: walking and working.
19. It was really hard to have to give up: working.
20. A new hobby I have taken up since my diagnosis is: talking to friends on the internet.
21. If I could have one day of feeling normal again I would: start a work search.
22. My illness has taught me: patience.
23. Want to know a secret? One thing people say that gets under my skin is: if you would only just excercise it would be better.
24. But I love it when people: support me without my asking.
25. My favorite motto, scripture, quote that gets me through tough times is: There is always tomorrow.
26. When someone is diagnosed I’d like to tell them: life is not over, just different.
27. Something that has surprised me about living with an illness is: how much I can deal with.
28. The nicest thing someone did for me when I wasn’t feeling well was: my husband took a day off and helped me.
29. I’m involved with Invisible Illness Week because: poeple need to know about these illnesses.
30. The fact that you read this list makes me feel: included and loved.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing.
    There will be nice people out there listening and not judging.
    Hugs and prayers to you!

    ReplyDelete